Towards 100% Renewable Production: Dakhla Smart City Electrification
Hybrid Renewable Energy System (HRES) is becoming attractive due to its ability to electrify remote area. This paper presents a methodology for electrifying the Dakhla city localized in the west of Morocco. The idea is based on using a Hybrid PV/Wind system with battery storage. Firstly we use Backtracking Search optimization Algorithm (BSA) to find the global optimum of the objective function then we compare the obtained result with the Improved Backtracking Search optimization Algorithm (IBSA) result. IBSA has already shown its effectiveness and robustness in such studies and the simulation section demonstrates its efficiency.
KeywordsHybrid renewable energy system (HRES) Dakhla city Optimization
The authors thank Mr. Amine Elgasmi for the financial assistance and support.
- 1.ONE (National office of electricity)Google Scholar
- 4.Kartite, J., & Cherkaoui, M. (2016, May). Optimization of hybrid renewable energy power systems using evolutionary algorithms. In Systems and Control (ICSC), 2016 5th International Conference on (pp. 383–388). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 5.Kartite, J., & Cherkaoui, M. (2017, May). Optimal sizing of hybrid renewable PV/Wind battery system using LPSP methods. In Systems and Control (ICSC), 2017 6th International Conference on (pp. 226–230). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 6.Jihane, K., & Mohamed, C. (2018, May). Economic dispatch optimization for system integrating renewable energy sources. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1968, No. 1, p. 020023). AIP PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 11.Jihane, K., & Mohamed, C. (2018, May). Economic environmental dispatch using BSA algorithm. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1968, No. 1, p. 020002). AIP PublishingGoogle Scholar