Research on Game Incentive Strategy Design of Highly Automated Driving Takeover System
Objective The objective of this paper is to study the effect of multilevel game incentive strategy on the takeover performance of highly automated driving takeover systems. Method According to the present research results of the automatic takeover system, the game incentive strategy of the automated driving takeover system is designed. Under the simulated automated driving system environment, the usability of the strategy is demonstrated through experiments, and the test data is analyzed. Result The application of game incentive strategies has improved both user takeover performance and user experience. Conclusion Design of game incentive strategy and interface can provide the basis for the human-machine interaction strategy design of the takeover system.
KeywordsAutomated driving Takeover system Game incentive strategy
This research is supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities 2017ZX013, and the Specialized Science Research Fund from Guangzhou Science Technology and Innovation Commission 201607010308.
- 1.Marinik, A., Bishop, R., Fitchett, V., et al.: Human factors evaluation of level 2 and level 3 automated driving concepts: concepts of operation. J. Hum. Mach. Syst. (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Louw, T., Merat, N., Jamson, H.: Engaging with highly automated driving: to be or not to be in the loop? In: International Driving Symposium on Human Factors in Driver Assessment, Training and Vehicle Design (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Cunningham, M., Regan, M.A.: Autonomous vehicles: human factors issues and future research. In: Australasian College of Road Safety Conference (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Horswill, M.S., Mckenna, F.P.: Drivers’ hazard perception ability: situation awareness on the road. J. Cogn. Approach Situat. Aware. Theory Appl. 155–175 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Schroeter, R., Oxtoby, J., Johnson, D.: AR and gamification concepts to reduce driver boredom and risk taking behaviors. In: International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces & Interactive Vehicular Applications. ACM, (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Steinberger, F., Schroeter, R., Foth, M., et al.: Designing gamified applications that make safe driving more engaging. In: CHI Conference (2017)Google Scholar