An Intelligent Tool to Facilitate Home Building: U-Design
Considering the need for a fully automated tool, this study aims at filling a gap by introducing a comprehensive design that facilitates home building from inside out. The system we propose provides a user friendly intelligent interface by parameterizing the entire process of designing home elements including furniture and structural components, as well as an ability to navigate and contact real estate agents for further intents including rents or purchases of homes. We present a preliminary design for the U-Design tool that promises to be a comprehensive framework for home design in its entirety: From submitting requirements for home structure preferences to working with a consultant to rent or purchase the dream home. The performance measurements of our tool yield promising and comparable values.
KeywordsIntelligent systems Home design Real estate automation
- 1.Eduard, H.: Mapping of real estate prices using data mining techniques. Proc. Eng. 123(2015), 233–240 (2015). ScienceDirectGoogle Scholar
- 2.Lin, C., Meng, L., Pan, H.: Applications and research on GIS for the real estate. School of Remote Sensing Information Engineering, [online document], November 2001Google Scholar
- 3.Mudliyar, P., Ingale, Y., Bhalerao, S., Jagtap, O.: Virtual reality for interior design. Int. J. Res. Advent Technol. 2014, 260–263 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Vosinakis, S., Azariadis, P., Sapidis, N., Kyratzi, S.: A virtual reality environment supporting the design and evaluation of interior spaces. Department of Product and System Design Engineering (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Monson, M.: Valuation using hedonic pricing models. Cornell Real Estate Rev. 7, 62–72 (2009). Cornell UniversityGoogle Scholar