BIFROST: A Smart City Planning and Simulation Tool
BIFROST is a persistent, shared design tool and simulation environment for Smart Cities, with a strong focus on powergrid infrastructure. Backed by a reactive server backend and powerful simulation engine, a browser-based, 2.5D user interface empowers researchers, network operators and planning experts to construct and analyze situations revolving around powergrid operations. The internal engine state representing the simulation world, including all physical dynamics and structures, is fully exposed to external applications, such as control algorithms or time series analysis tools. Thus, BIFROST can be employed as a virtual testbed for Smart Energy System installations, allowing for the evaluation of scenarios which would be hard or impossible to stage in-field.
KeywordsSmart energy system Simulation UX Scenario planning Reactive systems
Project DECAS has received funding in the framework of the joint programming initiative ERA-Net Smart Grids Plus, with support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program.
- 1.Kühne, O., Weber, F.: Bausteine der energiewende – einführung, übersicht und ausblick. In: Bausteine der Energiewende, pp. 3–19. Springer VS, Wiesbaden (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), 25 May 2018Google Scholar
- 3.ReduxJS. https://redux.js.org/. Accessed 2 Oct 2018
- 4.React. https://reactjs.org/. Accessed 2 Oct 2018
- 5.Mosshammer, R., Diwold, K., Einfalt, A., Groiss, C.: Reactive operation: a framework for event driven low voltage grid operation. In: IHSI 2018 International Conference, Dubai (2019)Google Scholar
- 6.DECAS. http://www.decas-project.eu/. Accessed 15 Oct 2018