On Modification of an Asymptotically Optimal Algorithm for the Maximum Euclidean Traveling Salesman Problem
The known asymptotically optimal algorithm for the Euclidean maximum Traveling Salesman Problem by Serdukov builds approximate solution for the problem around the maximum-weight perfect matching. In this paper we are going to discuss an asymptotically optimal algorithm for the Euclidean maximum TSP with running-time \(O(n^3)\), that uses a maximum weight cycle cover of the initial graph as a foundation for constructing the TSP solution. We also prove a number of structural results for the optima of some maximization problems in normed spaces, which follow from the algorithm.
KeywordsMaximum Traveling Salesman Problem Metric space Euclidean space Normed space Cycle cover Asymptotically optimal algorithm
- 1.Barvinok, A.I., Gimadi, E.Kh., Serdyukov, A.I.: The maximum TSP. In: Gutin, G., Punnen, A.P. (eds.) The Traveling Salesman Problem and Its Variations, pp. 585–608. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Gabow, H.N.: An efficient reduction technique for degree-restricted subgraph and bidirected network flow problems. In: Proceedings of the 15th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, Boston, USA, 25–27 April 1983, pp. 448–456. ACM, New York (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.Gimadi, E.Kh.: A new version of the asymptotically optimal algorithm for solving the Euclidean maximum traveling salesman problem. In: Proceedings of the 12th Baykal International Conference 2001, Irkutsk, vol. 1, pp. 117–123 (2001). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Johnson, O., Liu, J.: A traveling salesman approach for predicting protein functions. Source Code Biol. Med. 1(3), 9–16 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Serdyukov, A.I.: An asymptotically optimal algorithm for the maximum traveling salesman problem in Euclidean space. Upravlyaemye sistemy, Novosibirsk, vol. 27, pp. 79–87 (1987). (in Russian)Google Scholar