From Resolvent Estimates to Semigroup Bounds
In Chap. 10 we saw a concrete example of how to get resolvent bounds from semigroup bounds. Naturally, one can go in the opposite direction and in this chapter we discuss some abstract results of that type, including the Hille–Yoshida and Gearhardt–Prüss–Hwang–Greiner theorems. As for the latter, we also give a result of Helffer and the author that provides a more precise bound on the semigroup.
- 43.K.J. Engel, R. Nagel, One-Parameter Semigroups for Linear Evolution Equations. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 194 (Springer, New York, 2000)Google Scholar
- 57.B. Helffer, Spectral Theory and Its Applications. Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, vol. 139 (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2013)Google Scholar
- 62.B. Helffer, J. Sjöstrand, From resolvent bounds to semigroup bounds, published as part III of the published version of Ref.  (2010). http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.4171
- 122.E. Schenk, Systèmes quantiques ouverts et méthodes semi-classiques, thèse novembre, 2009. https://www.ipht.fr/Docspht/articles/ t09/266/public/thesis_schenck.pdfGoogle Scholar
- 152.L.N. Trefethen, M. Embree, Spectra and Pseudospectra. The Behavior of Nonnormal Matrices and Operators (Princeton University Press, Princeton, 2005)Google Scholar