Characterizations of Manganese-Based Desulfurated Sorbents for Flue-Gas Desulfurization
For the application of dry flue-gas desulfurization, Mn2O3/SiC desulfurated sorbents with various manganese contents are prepared by the sol–gel method. The desulfurization performance of the sorbents is evaluated by a fixed-bed reactor with the simulated flue gas. X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscope are adopted to characterize the crystalline phases and microstructure of the sorbents, respectively. For all the sorbents, the SO2 removal efficiency is above 93%, attributed to the nanoscale oval-shaped Mn2O3. For the sorbent with a manganese content of 50%, its breakthrough time reaches 27 min, benefiting from the uniform dispersion of SiC and Mn2O3. Compared to the sorbents with SiC, the breakthrough time of pure Mn2O3 is much shorter, resulting from the agglomeration of active component. Choosing Mn2O3 as the active component and SiC as the supporter to remove SO2 from flue gas has the obvious advantages of high SO2 removal efficiency rate.
KeywordsFlue-gas desulfurization Sol–gel method Manganese oxide SiC
This research is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51704071), the Major State Research Development Program of China (No. 2017YFB0603603) and fundamental research funds for the central university (No. N162504012).
- 2.He CQ, He H, Zhu J (2010) Limestone-gypsum aqueous method desulphurization and circulation fluid bed dry process desulphurization technology. Arid Environ Monit 24:168–170Google Scholar
- 4.Feng YN (2002) The study on desulfurization using manganic dioxide sorbents. North China Electric Power UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 6.Zhu HF (2011) Research on preparation of activated coke and its flue gas desulfurization. Nanjing University of Science & TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 8.Liu PJ (2008) Study of magnesia-based catalytic absorbent desulfurization denitrification. Northeastern UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lai JY, Ye DQ (2005) Experimental research on simulated flue gas desulfurization by ZnO slurry absorption and wet air oxidation. Tech Equip Environ Pollut Control 6:69–72Google Scholar
- 10.Zhang XL (2007) Study on simultaneous catalytic reduction of sulfur dioxide and nitric oxide on rare earth oxide. Huazhong University of Science & TechnologyGoogle Scholar