Optimization and Simulation of Fertilizer Guide Device Parameters Based on EDEM Software
In order to match the fertilizer line and seed line, fertilizer application should be homogeneous enough. A new fertilizer guide device was designed. It was consisted of fertilizer guide groove, shunted parts and cover plate. According to the theoretical analysis and practical experience, the main parameters affecting the effect of applying fertilizer were specified, including groove installation angle, the angle and the position of shunt part. With the single factor simulation experiment, the optimization and simulation of fertilizer guide device parameters were carried out based on EDEM software. The selected parameter interval was determined firstly. And then 10 set experiment results were obtained within the determined range. When the angle of diverter component was 33°, the distance was 25 mm, and the angle of guide groove installation was 37°, the best fertilizer application result was obtained. The simulation experiment provided a reference for the guide flow device design.
KeywordsFertilizer diversion Precision fertilization EDEM Simulation
This study was supported by the Key Research and Development Program of Shandong Province (2016CYJS03a01-1), Special Fund for Agro-scientific Research in the Public Interest (201303103), and the BAAFS youth foundation project (QNJJ201529).
- 1.Parish, R.L., Bracy, R.P., Morris Jr., H.F.: Broadcast vs. band applications of fertilizer on vegetable crops. American Society of Agricultural Engineers (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Guifen, C., Li, M., Hang, C.: Research status and development trend of precision fertilization technology. J. Jilin Agric. Univ. 35(3), 253–259 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Zeng, M., Wang, C., Yang, J.: A preliminary overview of site-specific fertilization and its application strategy in China. J. Sichuan Agric. Univ. 22(4), 336–380 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, J.: Current situation and thinking of mechanized fertilization technology development. Jiangsu Agric. Mechanization 5(5), 31–32 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Xu, X., Zhang, H., Xi, L., et al.: Decision-making system for wheat precision fertilization based on WebGIS. Trans. CSAE 27(Supp. 2), 94–98 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Wan, H., Chen, H., Ji, W.: Anti-blocking mechanism of type 2BMFJ-3 no-till precision planter for wheat stubble fields. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 44(4), 64–70 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Pokrajac, D., Obradovi, C.Z.: Neural network-based software for fertilizer optimization in precision farming. Neural Netw. 3(1), 2110–2115 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Dun, G., Chen, H., Feng, Y., et al.: Parameter optimization and test of key parts of fertilizer allocation device based on EDEM software. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Eng. 32(7), 36–42 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, F., Shang, J., Liu, H., et al.: Application of EDEM particles simulation technology on seed-metering device research. J. Northeast. Agric. Univ. 44(2), 110–114 (2013)Google Scholar