Design Optimization and Performance Evaluation of a Tillage Depth Precision Measurement System
Tillage depth measuring is essential in modernization of agricultural production, including tillage depth, seed germination, plant growth and soil conservation. At present, there are no reliable measuring method or equipment for on-line tillage depth data acquisition. To solve this problem, equipment for real-time measuring tillage depth was designed based on ultrasonic sensing technology. This system comprises mainly mechanical constructions, hardware structure, software, specific measurement process and data processing technology. To improve the measuring accuracy, Kalman filter method is used to reduce the influence of uneven surface, weed, and stubble in field. This device was installed on subsoiler, and a field test was conducted. The test results show that: The accuracy of the ultrasonic measuring depth is comparable with the manual measuring method in the field condition of ploughed field, bare field and stubble field.
KeywordsAgricultural machinery Automation Tillage depth Subsoiler Real time measurement Kalman filter
Funds for this research was provided by the National Key research and development Plan Projects (2017YFD0700101, 2017YFD0700205). The author acknowledges the co-operation of Chinese Academy of Agricultural Mechanization Sciences and College of Engineering in China Agricultural University for their assistance.
- 3.Weixiong, W., Rongchao, M.: Design of the automatic control of the plowing depth of the integrated plowing set. J. Agric. Mech. Res. 9, 77–79 (2007). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Ling, L., Jiangquan, L., Xingrong, L., et al.: Design researches on tiling depth electron testing system. J. Shihezi Univ.: Nat. Sci. 5(3), 246–248 (2001). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Qiaolian, D., Xicheng, X., Jianhua, W.: Design and experiment on the control system of electro-hydraulic plow depth of tractor hydraulic hitch mechanism. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Mach. 39(8), 62–65 (2008). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Qing, L., Xiwen, L., Maohua, W., et al.: Design of a laser land leveler for paddy field. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Eng. (Trans. CSAE) 23(4), 88–93 (2007). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Bin, X., Hao, L., Zhongxiang, Z., et al.: Measuring tillage depth for tractor implement automatic using inclinometer. Trans. Chin. Soc. Agric. Eng. (Trans. CSAE) 29(4), 15–21 (2013). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 14.Tractors and Machinery for Agriculture and Forestry-Serial Control and Communications Data Network-VirtualTerminal. ISO11783-6Google Scholar