Development and Test of GNSS/IMU-Based Speed Measurement Device for Agricultural Machinery
Aiming at the problem of RTK-GNSS receiver’s high-cost and single-point GNSS receiver’s low data update rang, a GNSS/IMU-based method of measurement agricultural machinery speed is proposed, and a speed measurement device with ISOBus interface is developed to measure the speed, direction and distance of the of agricultural machinery travel. In addition, the measurement data in accordance with ISO11783 standard is sent to agricultural machinery ISOBus network, for precision agricultural intelligence equipment to provide real-time accurate speed data. By comparing with the RTK-GNSS receiver, the test results show that the GNSS/IMU-based speed measurement device can meet the requirement of precision measurement, distance measurement and direction of travel of the variable rate application under a normal operation condition of agricultural machinery.
KeywordsSpeed measurement RTK-GNSS GNSS/IMU ISOBus CAN bus Distance measurements Agricultural machinery
This work is supported by the Beijing science and technology planning project of China (D161100003216003), the BAAFS youth foundation project of China (QNJJ201529), the BAAFS innovation team project of China (JNKYT201607), Recommend International Advanced Agricultural Science and Technology Plan Grant of China (2016-X26), and Science and technology plan project of Heilongjiang farms & land reclamation administration Grant of China (HNK 135-06-05).
- 2.He, H., Yang, Y., Sun, Z.: A comparison of several approaches for velocity determination with GPS. Acta Geod. Cartogr. Sin. 31(2), 217–221 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Gu, Y., Han, Q., Xu, X.: Research of high-accurate rotating speed method. Instrum. Tech. Sens. 10, 88–90, 93 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Zang, P.: A method for speed and ranging of trains based on Doppler sensor. Microcomput. Appl. 31(6), 80–82, 89 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Dai, C.: The measurement method of vehicle speed in vehicle testing. Straits Sci. 12, 13–15 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Ying, X., Lu, B., Zhong, Y., Yang, W.: Measurements of vehicle velocity in tractor accelerating slip-ratio real-time measuring. J. Agric. Mech. Res. 31(4), 237–240 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.ISO 11783.7: International organization for standardization, Implement messages application layer (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Meng, Z., Liu, H., Fu, W., Huang, W., Wang, X.: Evaluation of ground speed measurements for agricultural machinery. Trans. CSAE 26(6), 141–145 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Sun, W., Duan, S., Ding, W., Kong, Y.: Comparative analysis on velocity determination by GPS single point. J. Navig. Position. 5(1), 81–85, 99 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, X., Wang, Z., Ji, S., Chen, W.: Single station velocity estimation: GPS vs BDS. J. Navig. Position 3(3), 39–42, 55 (2015)Google Scholar