Effects of Particle Size of Coke on Iron Ore Sintering Process
In order to increase the combustion efficiency of coke breeze in sintering process, thermogravimetry-differential scanning calorimetry tests of coke breeze and sintering pot tests were carried out. The effects of particle size of coke on combustion and sintering process were examined. The surface air velocity and the exhaust gas composition of a sintering machine were also tested in a sintering strand. The results showed that the fine coke breeze burned quickly, but high ratio of fine particle in coke breeze was not beneficial for the improvement of the sinter quality. The low permeability of the front section of the sintering machine caused the low combustion efficiency of coke breeze which could be improved by increasing the coarse powder ratio of coke breeze.
KeywordsCoke breeze Particle size Combustion efficiency Sintering
- 1.Zhou MS, Zhao DM, Li JJ (2018) Effects of size distribution of coke breeze on sintering process. China Metall 28(02):11–16Google Scholar
- 2.Loo CE (1991) Role of coke size in sintering of hematite ore blend. Ironmak Steelmak 18(1):33–40Google Scholar
- 4.Damien O, Sun Q, Shen HB (2008) Effect of coke size on iron ore sintering. Iron Steel 43(10):8–12Google Scholar
- 5.Nielser M, Stecko J, Blacha L (2014) Application of fine-grained coke breeze fractions in the process of iron ore sintering. Metalurgija 53(1):37–39Google Scholar
- 7.Yan L (1994) Development status of iron ore sintering method in the world. Sinter Pelletizing 2:49–50Google Scholar