Effect of TiO2 on the Viscous Behaviour of the CaO–SiO2–14 Mass% Al2O3–8 Mass% MgO–TiO2 Slag
In the present work, the effect of TiO2 on the viscosity and the free running temperature of the CaO–SiO2–Al2O3–MgO–TiO2 slag system were studied. At fixed CaO/SiO2 ratio of 1.1, 14 mass pct Al2O3 and 8 mass pct MgO, the viscosity decreases with an increase in TiO2 content between 20 and 30 mass pct due to depolymerization of slag structure, which means that TiO2 behaves as a network modifier. The free running temperature decreases with the increase of TiO2 content. The change of the apparent activation energy is in accordance with the change of viscosity. Five different viscosity models and FactSage software were employed to predict the viscosity. Yan’s model agrees well with experimental data.
KeywordsTiO2 Viscosity Free running temperature Viscosity models
This study was supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant No. 2018CDQYCL0026) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (2018CDPTCG0001/32).
- 2.Zhang S, Zhang X, Bai C, Wen L, Lv X (2013) Effect of TiO2 content on the structure of CaO–SiO2–TiO2 system by molecular dynamics simulation. Isij Int 53(7):1131–1137Google Scholar
- 10.Colf JVD, Howat DD (1979) J S Afr Inst Min Metall 79:255–263Google Scholar
- 12.Nakamura T, Morinaga K, Yanagase T (1977) Nippon Kinzoku Gakkaishi 4:1300–1304Google Scholar
- 14.Liang L, Hao Z, Wen D, Jia X, Deng Y (2017) Study on viscosity and melting temperature of no. 7 blast furnace slag from Baotou steel. Hunan Nonferrous MetalsGoogle Scholar
- 16.Riboud PV, Roux Y, Lucas LD, Gaye H (1981) Fachber Hut-tenpraxis Metall 19:859–869Google Scholar
- 17.Urbain G, Cambier F, Deletter M, Anseau MR (1981) Trans J Br Ceram Soc 80:139–141Google Scholar
- 19.Mills K (2011) The estimation of slag properties. Southern African PyrometallurgyGoogle Scholar
- 20.Yan Z, Reddy RG, Lv X, Pang Z, He W (2018) Structure-based viscosity model development for titania aluminosilicate slags. Ironmaking Steelmaking: 1–7 Google Scholar