Connected Cars Traffic Flow Balancing Based on Classification and Calibration
Most of the vehicular traffic flow challenges happens because of the roads infrastructure or route planning process in a navigation system. This results in longer time spent in traffic by many people in the world.
In this paper we classified and synthesized comprehensive traffic scenarios in order to improve drivers daily experience thorough connected cars navigation model calibration. The proposed solution systematically calibrates connected cars parameters in order to balance the traffic flow in a simulated connected cars ecosystem based on real map data.
The experimental results and measurement metrics prove that our classification and synthesis of comprehensive traffic scenarios is a favorable infrastructure that supports connected cars navigation model calibration for efficiently balance the vehicular traffic flow in urban areas.
KeywordsConnected cars Calibration Traffic flow Balancing Metrics
- 1.Shcherb, V.: OsmAnd: maps and GPS navigation. https://osmand.net/
- 3.Figueiredo, L., Jesus, I., Machado, J.A.T., Ferreira, J.R., de Carvalho, J.L.M.: Towards the development of intelligent transportation systems. In: 2001 IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems, ITSC 2001, Proceedings (Cat. No. 01TH8585), pp. 1206–1211 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Stan, I., Toderici, D., Potolea, R.: Segment trees based trac congestion avoidance in connected cars context. In: IEEE 14th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Altintasi, O., Tuydes-Yaman, H., Tuncay, K.: Detection of urban traffic patterns from Floating Car Data (FCD). In: 19th EURO Working Group on Transportation Meeting, Transportation Research Procedia, EWGT 2016, 5–7 September 2016, Istanbul, Turkey, vol. 22, pp. 382–391 (2017). http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S235214651730193XCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Yamashita, T., Izumi, K., Kurumatani, K., Nakashima, H.: Smooth traffic flow with a cooperative car navigation system. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Autonomous Agents, pp. 478–485, January 2005Google Scholar
- 11.Routing server - Waze GPS Navigation Software. https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Routing_server