Parallel Algorithm for One-Way Wave Equation Based Migration for Seismic Imaging
Seismic imaging is the final stage of the seismic processing allowing to reconstruct the internal subsurface structure. This procedure is one of the most time consuming and it requires huge computational resources to get high-quality amplitude-preserving images. In this paper, we present a parallel algorithm of seismic imaging, based on the solution of the one-way wave equation. The algorithm includes parallelization of the data flow, due to the multiple sources/receivers pairs processing. Wavefield extrapolation is performed by pseudo-spectral methods and applied by qFFT - each dataset is processed by a single MPI process. Common-offset vector images are constructed using all the solutions from all datasets thus by all-to-all MPI communications.
KeywordsOne-way wave equation Pseudo-spectral methods qFFT CUDA Nested OMP MPI
This research was initiated and sponsored by Central Geophysical Expedition JSC of Rosgeo. V. Lisitsa and D. Vishnevsky are also thankful to Russian Foundation for Basic Research for partial financial support of this work, grans no. 18-05-00031, 18-01-00579, 16-05-00800. The research is carried out using the equipment of the shared research facilities of HPC computing resources at Lomonosov Moscow State University and cluster NKS-30T+GPU of the Siberian supercomputer center.
- 1.Claerbout, J.F.: Imaging the Earth’s Interior. Blackwell Scientific Publication, Oxford (1985)Google Scholar
- 9.Moczo, P., Kristek, J., Galis, M.: The finite-difference modelling of earthquake motion: waves and ruptures. Cambridge University Press (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Pleshkevich, A., Vishnevsky, D., Lisitsa, V.: Explicit additive pseudospectral schemes of wavefield continuation with high-order approximation. SEG Techn. Program Expanded Abs. 36(1), 5546–5550 (2017)Google Scholar
- 12.Pleshkevich, A.L., Vishnevsky, D.M., Licitsa, V.V.: Development of pseudospectral amplitude-preserving 3D depth migration. Russian Geophys. (S), 94–101 (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, J.-H., Wang, S.-Q., Yao, Z.-X.: Accelerating 3d Fourier migration with graphics processing units. Geophysics 74(6), WCA129-WCA139 (2009)Google Scholar