A New Female Body Segmentation and Feature Localisation Method for Image-Based Anthropometry
An increasingly growing demand on the bespoke service for buying clothes online presents a new challenge of how to efficiently and precisely acquire anthropometric data of distant customers. The conventional 2D anthropometric methods are efficient but face a problem of imperfect body segmentation because they cannot automatically deal with arbitrary background. To address this problem this paper aimed at female anthropometry proposes to segment the female body out of an orthogonal photo pair with deep learning, and to extract a group of body feature points according to curvature and bending direction of the segmented body contour. With the located feature points we estimate six body parameters with two existing mathematical models and assess their pros and cons in this paper.
KeywordsAnthropometric methods Deep learning Feature points
This work was supported by the Open Research Fund of Shanghai Key Laboratory of Multidimensional Information Processing, East China Normal University.
- 2.Boykov, Y.Y., Jolly, M.P.: Interactive graph cuts for optimal boundary & region segmentation of objects in ND images. In: International Conference on Computer Vision, vol. 1, pp. 105–112. IEEE (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Liang, X., et al.: Human parsing with contextualized convolutional neural network. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 1386–1394 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Long, J., Shelhamer, E., Darrell, T.: Fully convolutional networks for semantic segmentation. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 3431–3440 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Roodbandi, A.S.J., Naderi, H., Hashenmi-Nejad, N., Choobineh, A., Baneshi, M.R., Feyzi, V.: Technical report on the modification of 3-dimensional non-contact human body laser scanner for the measurement of anthropometric dimensions: verification of its accuracy and precision. J. Lasers Med. Sci. 8(1), 22–28 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Weiss, A., Hirshberg, D., Black, M.J.: Home 3D body scans from noisy image and range data. In: International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 1951–1958. IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Widyanti, A., Ardiansyah, A., Yassierli, Iridiastadi, H.: Development of anthropometric measurement method for body circumferences using digital image. In: PPCOE, The Eighth Pan-Pacific Conference on Occupational Ergonomics (2007)Google Scholar