Correspondence Between Multiscale Frame Shrinkage and High-Order Nonlinear Diffusion
Wavelet frame and nonlinear diffusion filters are two popular tools for signal denoising. The correspondence between Ron-Shen’s framelet and high-order nonlinear diffusion has been proved at multilevel setting. However, for the general framelet, the correspondence is established only at one level. In this paper we extend the relationship between framelet shrinkage and high-order nonlinear diffusion in Jiang (Appl Numerical Math 51–66, 2012 ) from one level framelet shrinkage to the multilevel framelet shrinkage setting. Subsequently, we complete the correspondence between framelet shrinkage and high-order nonlinear diffusion. Furthermore, we propose a framelet-diffused denoising method for processing the dynamic pressure signals which are generated by a transonic axial compressor. Numerical results show that our algorithm has superior noise removal ability than traditional algorithms and presents the ability in analyzing the pressure signals from an axial transonic compressor.
KeywordsWavelets Nonlinear diffusion Signal analysis
The author would like to thank Professor Charles K. Chui for helpful discussions on the correspondence between wavelet shrinkage and diffusion filtering. Thanks to Dr. Qun Mo for some detailed and careful comments.
- 7.Catte, F., L.Lions, P., Morel, J.M., Coll, T.: Image selective smoothing and edge detection by nonlinear diffusion. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., 845–866 (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Keeling, S.L., Stollberger, R.: Nonlinear anisotropic diffusion filtering for multi scale edge enhancement wide range edge. Inverse Probl., 175–190 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Weickert, J.: Anisotropic diffusion in image processing. B.g. teubner Stuttgart, p. 272 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Didas, S., Denoising: Enhancement of digital imagesvariational methods, Integro differential Equations, and Wavelets, Ph.D. Dissertation, Saarland University (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.Steidl, G., Weickert, J., Brox, T., Mrazek, P.: On the equivalence of soft wavelet shrinkage, total variation diffusion, total variation reguarization, and sides. SIJM J. Numer. Anal., 683–713 (2004)Google Scholar
- 18.Wang, H., Kong, X.: A multiscale tight frame inspired scheme for nonlinear diffusion. Int. J. Wavelets, Multiresolution Inf. Process., 1250041-1-1250041-22 (2012)Google Scholar