How to do the necessary background research before attending the interview. I will be discussing the types of interviews that you are likely to encounter, what to expect and how to prepare for them (with particular focus on competency-type interviews). I will discuss on how you can anticipate the kind of questions that you are likely to be asked.
The general dos and don’ts, on how to behave and conduct yourself (before and during the interview).
What to do after the interview, e.g. how to negotiate your final salary (if a job offer is made) or how best to deal with a rejection.
KeywordsInterviews Competency Job offer Salary negotiations Rejections
- Arnold, J. (2012). Get that job with NLP: From application and cover letter, to interview and negotiation. London: Teach Yourself.Google Scholar
- Benisti, J. (2017). How to succeed at job interviews. Easyway Guides.Google Scholar
- Duffy, M., & Purcell, T. (2015). Survival guide to life. Dublin: Spunout.ie.Google Scholar
- Fry, R. W. (2016). 101 smart questions to ask on your interview (4th ed.). Pompton Plains, NJ: Career Press.Google Scholar
- Hawley, C. F., & Zemke, D. (2001). Job-winning answers to the hardest interview questions. New York, NY: MJF Books.Google Scholar
- Human, H. (2017). Body language magic. Morrisville, NC: Lulu Press Inc..Google Scholar
- Innes, J. (2015). The interview book: How to prepare and perform at your best in any interview. Harlow: Pearson.Google Scholar
- Kessler, R. (2006). Competency-based interviews. Pompton Plains, NJ: Career Press.Google Scholar
- Lees, J. (2012). Job interviews: Top answers to tough questions. Maidenhead: McGraw-Hill Professional.Google Scholar
- Mayer, D. (2011). Career essentials: The interview. Valley Pub.Google Scholar
- Parkinson, M. (2010). How to master psychometric tests: Expert advice on test preparation with practice questions from leading test providers. London: Kogan Page.Google Scholar
- Rizvi, A. (2008). Resumes and Interviews: The Art of Winning. New Delhi: Tata Mc-Graw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Roderick, C. (2012). Interview answers. Mumbai: Jaico Publishing House.Google Scholar
- Tolley, H., & Wood, R. (2011). How to succeed at an assessment centre: Essential preparation for psychometric tests group and role-play exercises panel interviews and presentations. London: Kogan Page.Google Scholar
- Vincent, T. (2013). Nail that interview: Answer tough questions, make the best impression, and get the job. London: Vermilion.Google Scholar
- Walsh, R., & Adams, R. L. (2007). The complete job search book for college students: A step-by-step guide to finding the right job. Avon, MA: Adams Media.Google Scholar
- Yate, M. J. (2017). Great answers to tough interview questions. London: Kogan Page.Google Scholar