Research on Multi-focus Image Fusion Algorithm Based on Quadtree
Most of the multi-focus fusion algorithms currently are prone to image blur and loss of detail information. This paper proposes a multi-focus fusion algorithm based on quadtree decomposition which can almost overcome the above shortcomings. The research on multi-focus fusion algorithm based on quadtree decomposition is to divide the original image into several image sub-blocks and check regional consistency for each block to obtain the optimal block of the source image, and then detect the focus area for each block to obtain the initial fused decision image. Finally, the fused decision image is subjected to perform morphological processing to obtain a final fused image. Through extensive experiments on different source images, we show that the proposed method has better adaptability.
KeywordsQuadtree Optimal block Regional consistency
This work is partially supported by the National Science Foundation of China under Grant Nos. 61872133, 61472131, 61772191.
- 3.Zhang, X., Li, X., Feng, Y.: Image fusion based on simultaneous empirical wavelet transform. Multimed. Tools Appl. 76(6), 1–19 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Kurian, A.P., Bijitha, S.R., Mohan, L.: Performance evaluation of modified SVD based image fusion. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 58(12), 38 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Cai, M., Yang, J., Cai, G.: Multi-focus image fusion algorithm using LP transformation and PCNN. In: 6th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science, pp. 237–241. IEEE, Beijing (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Liu, Z., Li, X., Luo, P.: Semantic image segmentation via deep parsing network. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 1377–1385. IEEE, Santiago (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, K., Ji, S.: Multi-focus image fusion using energy of image gradient and gradual boundary smoothing. In: TENCON 2015–2015 IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp. 1–4. IEEE, Macao (2016)Google Scholar