On the Purity and Entropy of Mixed Gaussian States
The notions of purity and entropy play a fundamental role in the theory of density operators. These are nonnegative trace class operators with unit trace. We review and complement some results from a rigorous point of view.
Maurice de Gosson has been financed by the Grant P27773-N23 of the Austrian Research Foundation FWF.
- 3.M. de Gosson and F. Luef, Symplectic Capacities and the Geometry of Uncertainty: the Irruption of Symplectic Topology in Classical and Quantum Mechanics. Phys. Reps. 484 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.M. de Gosson, Quantum blobs, Found. Phys. 43(4), 440–457 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.M. de Gosson, Symplectic geometry and quantum mechanics. Vol. 166. Springer Science & Business Media (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.M. de Gosson, Symplectic methods in harmonic analysis and in mathematical physics. Vol. 7. Springer Science & Business Media (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.M. de Gosson, The symplectic camel and the uncertainty principle: the tip of an iceberg? Found. Phys. 99 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.G. B. Folland, Harmonic Analysis in Phase space, Annals of Mathematics studies, Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J. (1989)Google Scholar