Data Analysis of Blended Learning in Python Programming
The rapid emergence of blended learning has sparked a great deal of research interest in the field of educational data mining. We apply the novel educational form of blended learning in the undergraduate curriculum of python programming. With the questionnaire before curriculum is obtained to capture the basic information of undergraduate students, we design educational resources and activities for online studying and face-to-face teaching. Since the learning process of each student is captured continuously, we make teaching and learning evaluations weekly to improve current teaching methods hence arouse students’ interest of continuous learning. With analyzing data and mining knowledge received in the process of blended learning, some beneficial results are gained to promote the quality of blended learning in the undergraduate curriculum of python programming, and benefit the undergraduate students as well as higher education in the long run.
KeywordsBlended learning Education Python Data analysis
- 1.Garrison, D.R., Vaughan, N.D.: Blended Learning in Higher Education: Framework, Principles, and Guidelines. Wiley, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Kukang, H.: From blending learning to see the new development of educational technology theory (Part Two). China Electrochem. Educ. 3, 5–10 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ronghuai, H.: The Theory and Practice of Blended Learning, pp. 33–35. Higher Education Press, Beijing (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, K., Zhao, J.: The principle and application of hybrid learning. Electr. Educ. Res. 2(7), 1–6 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Meidan, X.: Study and Design of Mixed Learning Based on WeChat Public Platform. Normal University, Nanjing (2016)Google Scholar