Research on Data Recovery Technology Based on Flash Memory Device
Due to the significant internal structural difference between flash memory devices and traditional mechanical hard disks, the data recovery technology for traditional mechanical hard disks cannot be directly applied to flash memory devices. Therefore, there is an urgent need to explore a data recovery method specific to flash storage devices. On the premise of obtaining the mirror data structure parameters of the flash memory chip, through analyzing the underlying data from the said chip, determination and analysis can be done to the interleave type of data on the physical structure. And according to the different interleaving granularity, universal formulas can be generalized one by one. Select the data of valid block to be put into the formula which is suitable for interleaving granularity, and then calculate the corresponding logical address. Finally, write the buffers one by one in the order indicated by the logical address to achieve the data recovery. Under the circumstance where the structure parameters cannot be obtained due to mechanical malfunction, to develop a recovery strategy based on an unknown algorithm by constructing a learning disk can be both practical and instructive.
KeywordsFlash memory Data interleaving Data recovery
This paper is supported by the Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation (No. 4172053).
- 1.Huang, M.: The research on reliability enhancement of MLC Nand flash storage system. Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Yuan, R.: Research of data restructuring on flash chips. Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Lin, C., Wang, X., Yuan, J., et al.: Data recovery technology of Nand-flash-based storage. Inf. Secur. Commun. Priv. 3, 123–125 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Shang, W.: Design and implementation of data recovery system based on android. Hebei University of Science and Technology, Shijiazhuang (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Xie, Y.: On the storage management and data recovery of solid state disks. Hunan University, Chang Sha (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Chang, L.: The research of data storage technology based on Nand flash array. North University of China, Taiyuan (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Lan, J.: The research on address mapping and wear leveling algorithms of flash memory based on grouping and biased random walk. Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu (2016)Google Scholar