Noncooperative Optimization of Multi-user Request Strategy in Cloud Service Composition Reservation
With the maturity of virtualization technology and service-oriented architecture, single cloud services have been difficult to satisfy cloud users’ increasingly complex demand. Cloud service composition has become a hot topic. Nevertheless, few researches consider the problem of competition of service compositions among multiple users and interaction between the user and the cloud provider. Aiming at this problem, a service composition reservation model of a cloud provider, a cloud broker and multiple users is provided in this paper. A utility function related to revenue, payoff and performance of service compositions is designed and each user expects to maximize it. We consider this optimization problem from the perspective of game theory, and model it as a non-cooperative game. The existence of Nash equilibrium solution of the game is proved and an iterative proximate algorithm (IPA) is proposed to compute it. A series of simulation experiments are conducted to verify the theoretical analysis and the performance of IPA algorithm. The results show IPA algorithm quickly converge to a relatively stable state, and improve the utility of the user and the resource utilization of the cloud provider.
KeywordsService composition Non-cooperative game Nash equilibrium
This work is partially supported by Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61872129 and No. 61802444) and Doctoral Scientific Research Foundation of Central South University of Forestry and Technology (No. 2016YJ047).
- 7.Foster, I., Zhao, Y., Raicu, I., Lu, S.: Cloud computing and grid computing 360-degree compared. In: Grid Computing Environments Workshop GCE 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Kang, G., Liu, J., Tang, M., Liu, X., Fletcher, K.K.: Web service selection for resolving conflicting service requests. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 387–394 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, H., Zhu, Q., Ouyang, Y.: Non-cooperative game based QoS-aware web services composition approach for concurrent tasks. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 444–451 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Pan, L., An, B., Liu, S., Cui, L.: Nash equilibrium and decentralized pricing for QoS aware service composition in cloud computing environments. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 154–163 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Shen, Y., Yang, X., Wang, Y., Ye, Z.: Optimizing QoS-aware services composition for concurrent processes in dynamic resource-constrained environments. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 250–258 (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Simhon, E., Starobinski, D.: Game-theoretic analysis of advance reservation services. In: Information Sciences and Systems. pp. 1–6 (2014)Google Scholar
- 19.Yang, Y., Mi, Z., Sun, J.: Game theory based Iaas services composition in cloud computing environment. Adv. Inf. Sci. Serv. Sci. 4(22), 238–246 (2012)Google Scholar