Innovation for Social and Environmental Justice: A Way Forward?
A prototype for self-managing social, economic and environmental decisions is discussed with the potential for managing household contributions to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals and scaling up the engagement through a management application at the local government level.
KeywordsSustainable development Blockchain Balancing individual and collective needs
- Bacchi, C. (2009). Analysing policy. In What is the problem represented to be? New South Wales: Pearson.Google Scholar
- Bond, P., & Garcia, A. (2015). An anti-capitalist critique. London: Pluto.Google Scholar
- Bostrom, N. (2011). Existential risk prevention as the most important task for humanity. Faculty of Philosophy and Oxford Martin School University of Oxford. Available at: http://www.existential-risk.org.
- Butler, J., & Athanasiou, A. (2013). Dispossession: The performative in the political. Cambridge: Polity.Google Scholar
- Bradlow, D. (2017). BRICS needs a new approach if it’s going to foster a more equitable global order. https://theconversation.com/brics-needs-a-new-approach-if-itsgoing-to-foster-a-more-equitable-global-order-84229. 21 Sep 2017. Accessed 18 Feb 2018.
- Cadwalladr, C. & Graham-Harrison, E. (2018). Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach. https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/cambridge-analytica-facebook-influence-us-election, Sun 18 Mar 2018 09.03 AEDT.
- Churchman, C. W. (1971). The design of inquiring systems: Basic concepts of systems and organisations. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J. (2010). Wellbeing, mindfulness and the global commons. Journal of Consciousness Studies, 17(7–8), 44–72.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J., & De Vries. (2011). Identity, democracy and sustainability: Facing up to convergent social, economic and environmental challenges. Litchfield Park: ISCE/ Emergence / Complexity and Organization. isbn:978-0-984-21653-6. 331 pp.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J., De Vries, D., & Binchai, N. (2014). Wall street to wellbeing: Joining up the dots through participatory democracy and governance to mitigate the causes and adapt to the effects of climate change. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J., Romm, N., & Corcoran-Nantes, Y. (Eds.). (2017a). Balancing individualism and collectivism: Supporting social and environmental justice. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J., Wirawan, R., Bambang, S. K., Widianingsih, I., & Hardeani Sari, N. (2017b). Pathways to wellbeing—Low carbon challenge to live virtuously and well: Participatory design and education on mitigation, adaptation, governance and accountability. In J. McIntyre-Mills, N. Romm, & Y. Corcoran-Nantes (Eds.), Balancing individualism and collectivism: Supporting social and environmental justice (pp. 37–74). New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- McIntyre-Mills, J., Wirawan, R., & Indonesian Research Consortium. (2017). Chapter 3: Pathways to wellbeing - low carbon challenge to live virtuously and well. In J. McIntyre-Mills, N. Romm, & Y. Corcoran-Nantes (Eds.), Balancing Individualism and collectivism. London: Springer.Google Scholar
- Nussbaum, M. (2006). Frontiers of justice. London: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Smith, A. (1776a). The wealth of nations. Retrieved from http://political-economy.com/wealth-of-nations-adam-smith/ to engage comments
- Smith, A. (1776b). The Wealth of Nations, Bantam Classic, Edited 2003; with notes and summary by Edwin Cannan; preface by Alan B. Kruege. Cited by Branko’s blog.Google Scholar
- Stiglitz, J., Sen, A., & Fitoussi, J. P. (2010). Mis-measuring our lives: Why the GDP doesn’t add up. New York: The New Press.Google Scholar
- Stokols, D. (2018). Social ecology in the digital age: Solving complex problems in a globalized world. Academic Press.Google Scholar