Within a few years, Donald Trump and his fellow Republicans managed to ram through the most pro-corporate tax legislation in modern history, dismantle the Environmental Protection Agency’s initiatives on climate change, attack multilateral trade and security agreements with other countries, and embark on a comprehensive move to shut down government regulation of industry wherever possible.
- Carnegie, Andrew. “Wealth,” North American Review, June 1889, No. CCCXCI.Google Scholar
- Cooper, George. The Origin of Financial Crises: Central Banks, Credit Bubbles and the Efficient Market Fallacy (New York, NY: Vintage, 2008). Google Scholar
- Coolidge, Calvin. “Address to the American Society of Newspaper Editors,” 1925. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=24180.
- Geithner, Timothy F. “Risk Management Challenges in the U.S. Financial System,” Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 2006. https://www.newyorkfed.org/newsevents/speeches/2006/gei060228.
- Greenspan, Alan. “Technological Change and the Design of Bank Supervisory Policies,” Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, 1997. https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/title/452/item/8597.
- Gruchy, Allan. The Reconstruction of Economics: An Analysis of the Fundamentals of Institutional Economics (New York, NY: Greenwood Press, 1987). Google Scholar
- Johnson, Simon and James Kwak. Thirteen Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown (New York, NY: Pantheon, 2010). Google Scholar
- Kaiser Foundation. “2015 Employer Health Benefits Survey,” 2015. https://www.kff.org/report-section/ehbs-2015-section-one-cost-of-health-insurance/.
- Keynes, John M. Collected Writings, Donald E. Moggridge, ed. (London: Macmillan, 1971), Vol. IX.Google Scholar
- Lears, T.J. Jackson. “The Concept of Cultural Hegemony: Problems and Possibilities,” The American Historical Review, Vol. 90, No. 3, June 1985, p. 591. Google Scholar
- Marx, Karl. “The Fetishism of Commodities and the Secret Thereof,” Capital, Vol. 1. (Moscow: Progress Publishers, 1970), p. 76. Google Scholar
- Mirowski, Philip. Never Let a Serious Crisis Go to Waste: How Neoliberalism Survived the Financial Meltdown (New York, NY: Verso, 2013). Google Scholar
- Polanyi, Karl. The Great Transformation: The Political and Economic Origins of Our Time (Boston, MA: Beacon Press, 1944).Google Scholar
- Schumpeter, Joseph. Business Cycles: A Theoretical, Historical, and Statistical Analysis of the Capitalist Process (New York, NY: McGraw-Hill, 1939), Vol. 2. Google Scholar
- Smith, Adam. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations  (Chicago, IL: The University of Chicago Press, 1976), Book I, Chapter II. Google Scholar
- Spencer, Herbert. The Principles of Sociology (New York, NY: D. Appleton and Co., 1876–1896), Vol. III. Google Scholar
- Sumner, William Graham. What Social Classes Owe to Each Other  (New York, NY: Harper and Brothers, 1911). Google Scholar
- Tracer, Zachary and Alex Nussbaum. “Heath Insurance Exchanges,” Bloomberg, January 5, 2017.Google Scholar