Min-Max-Flow Based Algorithm for Evacuation Network Planning in Restricted Spaces
Recently, emergency evacuation management, which is a social work around the world, has been getting lots of attentions due to its importance and necessity. The primary task of emergency evacuation management is evacuation route planning. Considering the particularity of restrict space scenarios, it is more important to guarantee the security and promptness of evacuation routes than that in open space scenarios. In this paper, we introduce a new evacuation route planning problem in restricted spaces, namely Congestion-Avoidable Evacuation Route Network Planning (CA-ERNP) problem. Based on the minimum cost maximum flow (Min-Max Flow) problem, we propose a batch scheduling algorithm based on node-slitting transformation. In addition, we evaluate the average performance of the algorithms via simulation and the results indicate the proposed algorithm outperforms the existing alternatives in terms of efficiency and time cost.
KeywordsEvacuation route planning Restrict space Min-max flow Batch scheduling
This research was supported in part by Beijing Natural Science Foundation (4174090), Program of Beijing Excellent Talents Training for Young Scholar (2016000020124G056).
- 1.Evans, J.: Optimization Algorithms for Networks and Graphs, 2nd edn. Marcel Dekker, New York (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Martins, E.D.Q.V., Queir, E., Dos Santos, J.L.E., Martins, V., Margarida, M., Pascoal, M.M.B.: A new algorithm for ranking loopless paths. Technical report, Univ. de Coimbra (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Hong, Y., Li, D., Wu, Q., Xu, H. Dynamic route network planning problem for emergency evacuation in restricted space scenarios. J. Adv. Transp. Article ID 4295419, 13 p. (2018)Google Scholar
- 9.Hong, Y., Li, D., Wu, Q., Xu, H.: Priority-oriented route network planning for evacuation in constrained space scenarios. J. Optim. Theory Appl. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10957-018-1386-2
- 10.Vogiatzis, C., Walteros, J.L., Pardalos, P.M.: Evacuation through clustering techniques. In: Goldengorin, B., Kalyagin, V., Pardalos, P. (eds.) Models, Algorithms, and Technologies for Network Analysis. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, vol. 32, pp. 185–198. Springer, New York (2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-5574-5_10CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.Vogiatzis, C., Pardalos, P.M.: Evacuation modeling and betweenness centrality. In: Kotsireas, I., Nagurney, A., Pardalos, P. (eds.) DOD 2015 2016. Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, vol. 185, pp. 345–359. Springer, Cham (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43709-5_17CrossRefGoogle Scholar