A New Energy-Efficient Flooding Broadcast Time Synchronization for Wireless Sensor Networks
With the increasing scale of wireless sensor networks (WSN), it inevitably exists some problems in time synchronization, such as the sensitivity to the data of the normal error range, the large energy consumption and the long synchronous convergence time. To solve these problems, a high precision energy efficient broadcast time synchronization algorithm is proposed in this paper. This algorithm firstly sets the membership degree of each class and each sample. Then, by constantly iterating and adjusting the membership degree until convergence, it gets the only cluster by calculating each data to improve the accuracy. Finally, the MATLAB simulation results show that the proposed algorithm can not only improve the time synchronization accuracy, but also reduce the overall energy consumption level of the whole WSN effectively.
KeywordsWireless sensor networks (WSN) Clustering Broadcast time synchronization Membership degree
This work was supported in part by the Key Support Program for University Outstanding Youth Talent of Anhui Province under Grant gxydZD2017001.
- 1.Chakraborty, S., Nagwani, K.: Analysis and study of incremental k-means clustering algorithm. Commun. Comput. Inf. Sci. 169, 338–341 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Elson, J., Girod, L., Estrin, D.: Fine grained network time synchronization using reference broadcasts. In: Proceeding of the 5th Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, pp. 147–163 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Ganeriwal, S., Kumar, R., Srivastava, M.B.: Timing-sync protocol for sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp. 138–149 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Maroti, M., Kusy, B., Simon, G., Ledeczi, A.: The flooding time synchronization protocol. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor System, p. 39 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Peide, L.: Multiple attribute group decision making method based on interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy power Heronian aggregation operators. Comput. Ind. Eng. 108, 2063–2074 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, Y.: Time Synchronization and addressing strategy of lo T-oriented wireless sensor network. Doctoral thesis, Jilin University (2012)Google Scholar
- 17.Yang, J., Rabaey, J.: Light weight time sychronization for sensor networks. In: Proceeding of the Second ACM Workshop on WSNA, pp. 11–19 (2003)Google Scholar