Fractal Analysis of Chaotic Fluctuations in Oil Production
Diagnosis criteria of dynamic series chaotic data are described in this paper.
The chaotic data can conventionally divide in rectifiable and non-rectifiable in fractal surface.
A simplified approach of fractal dimension evaluation of dynamic series has been developed.
Developed a coefficient for calculating of processes with neighbor fractal dimensions.
Offered nonparametric criteria for non-rectifiable on fractal surface chaotic data. The criteria are can recognize changing in dynamical system state.
The offered methods have been validated on modeling and oil field cases. Diagnosis of oil well performance has been realized as a case study of practical using.
Evaluation of the offered methods is easily carried out which is valuable in practical computations.
KeywordsChaotic fluctuations Fractal analysis Oil production
- 2.Mirzajanzadeh, A., Shahverdiyev, A.: Dynamic processes in oil and gas production: system analysis, diagnosis, prognosis. Nauka, Moscow (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Mirzajanzadeh, A., Hasanov, M., Bahtizin, R.: Modeling of oil and gas production processes. ICR, Moscow (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Mirzajanzadeh, A., Aliev, N., Yusifzade, Kh.: Fragments on development of offshore oil and gas fields. Elm, Baku, Azerbaijan (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Peters, E.: Chaos and Order in the Capital Markets. Wiley, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Abbasov, A., Suleymanov, A., Ismaylov, A.: Determination of fractal dimension of time series. Azerbaijan Oil Ind. 6, 8–11 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Peters, E.: Fractal Market Analysis. Wiley, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Dake, L.: The Practice of Reservoir Engineering. Elsevier, New York (2001)Google Scholar