Fuzzy Logic Based Modelling of Decision Buying Process
Understanding of buyer behaviour plays a significant role in marketing. Modelling of buyer behaviour provides an ability to segment the market effectively and develop marketing-mix usefully. Existing models of buyer decision-making are not well suited to uncertain, imprecise real-life situation and there is a need to develop a new conceptual and quantitative model.
In this paper, we suggest fuzzy logic based on 2-level hierarchical decision-making model which includes main factors affecting consumer buying behaviour such as environmental, situational, psychological, social and other that are inherently uncertain and imprecise.
In the first level of the model impact of shopping environment and time pressure on psychological variables such as shopping motivation and emotion of consumers are considered. In the second level, the relationship between shopping motivation and emotion of consumers’ buying intensity is established. Decision processes are performed by using fuzzy aggregation methods and fuzzy reasoning on the bases of obtained fuzzy “If-Then” rules.
Finally, the numerical example is provided in order to demonstrate the validity of the proposed model.
KeywordsDecision-making Hierarchical model Emotion Shopping motivation Consumer buying intensity Horizontal membership function
- 1.Engel, F.J.: Consumer Behaviour. Delmar Cengage Learning, Boston (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Sarah, M. S.: Motivation and emotion are usually viewed as two psychological features that seemingly share cause-and-effect relationship. https://explorable.com/motivation-and-emotion. Accessed 23 Oct 2017
- 5.Infantolino, Z.P., Miller, G.A., Crocker, L.D., Heller, W., Waren, S.L., O’Hare, A.J.: Relationships among cognition, emotion, and motivation: implications for Intervention and neuroplasticity in psychopathology. Front. Hum. Neurosci. 7, 261 (2013)Google Scholar
- 10.Enache, I.C.: Marketing a web-site using a fuzzy logic approach Marketing. In: Proceeding of the International Conference on RISK MANAGEMENT, ASSESSMENT and MITIGATION (2010). www.wseas.us/e-library/conferences/2010/Bucharest/RIMA/RIMA-59.pdf. Accessed 25 Apr 2017
- 14.Neshat, M., Baghi, A., Pourahmad, A., Sepidnam, G., Sargolzaei, M., Masoumi, A.: FHESMM: fuzzy hybrid expert system for marketing mix. Int. J. Comput. Sci. Issues (IJCSI) 8, 126(2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Aliev, R.A.: Uncertain computation based on decision theory. World Scientific Publishing, Singapore (2017)Google Scholar
- 19.Donovan, R.J., Rossiter, J.R.: Store atmosphere: an environmental psychology approach. J. Retail. 58(1), 34–57 (1982)Google Scholar
- 20.Bohl, J.: The impact of airport shopping environments and dwell time on consumer spending, VEZETÉSTUDOMÁNY, XLV. ÉVF. 2014. 11. SZÁM (2014)Google Scholar