Modified Low-Power Built-in Self-test for Image Processing Application
In recent trend, optimization of power without degradation of performance is major concern in application areas like embedded systems digital image and signal processing. The proper selection of test pattern/test image is one of the major issues. Our motivation of this work is to reduce the total power dissipation and area overhead of a Test pattern generator. The proposed BIST uses Negative Edge triggered D-Flip flop (NEDFF) for random pattern generation. When compared to existing LFSR with regular D-FF, our Modified LFSR with NEDFF reduces the count of transistors extensively. BIST using NEDFF is implemented and simulated using Microwind tool with 90 nm technology. The result reveals that significant amount of total power consumption is reduced while testing a VLSI circuit with NEDFF.
KeywordsLow-power testing Less area NEDFF Power consumption Switching activity Medical image processing
We would like to thank the management and principal of Sri Krishna college of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore for providing the necessary facilities and support.
- 1.Kavitha A, Seetharaman G, Prabakar TN, Shrinithi S (2012) Design of low power TPG using LP-LFSR. In: 2012, IEEE International conference intelligent system modelling and simulationGoogle Scholar
- 2.Priya SHKP (2013) Test pattern generator (TPG) for low power logic built in self test (BIST). Int J Adv Res Electr Electron Instrum Eng 2(4)Google Scholar
- 3.Pandharpurkar NG, Ravi V (2015) Design of BIST using self-checking circuits for multipliers. Indian J Sci Technol 8(19)Google Scholar
- 4.Patil T, Dhankar A (2016) A review on power optimized TPG using LP-LFSR for low power BIST. In: IEEE sponsored world conference on futuristic trends in research and innovation for social welfareGoogle Scholar
- 5.Singh B, Khosla A, Bindra S (2009) Power optimization of linear feedback shift register (LFSR) for low power BIST. In: International advance computing conference, IACC 2009Google Scholar
- 6.Mishra B, Jain R, Saraswat R (2016) Low power BIST based multiplier design and simulation using FPGA. In: Conference on electrical, electronics and computer science (SCEECS), 2016Google Scholar
- 7.Thirunavukkarasu V, Saravanan R, Saminadan V (2016) Performance of low power BIST architecture for UART. In: International conference on communication and signal processing (ICCSP)Google Scholar