Defending the Youth Service: Defending Youth Work
The emergence of individual and organisational opposition to the deconstruction of local authority Youth Services and the closure of open access youth work facilities. Contributions by the Labour, Liberal Democratic and Green Parties in seeking to protect these Services. Young people as activists: five case studies of their leading role in organising resistance to local cuts to Youth Services and the youth work facilities they used. The role of the unions—particularly CYWU/Unite—in campaigning against these cuts. The establishment, role and activities of the ChooseYouth campaign. The establishment, role and activities of In Defence of Youth Work. The back history, development and role of the Institute for Youth Work.
- de St Croix, Tania. 2016. Grassroots Youth Work; Policy, Passion and Resistance in Practice. Bristol: Policy Press.Google Scholar
- IDYW. 2011. This Is Youth Work: Stories from Practice. https://indefenceofyouthwork.com/the-stories-project/.
- Nicholls, Doug. 2018. ‘Winning a Statutory Youth Service’. Youth and Policy. 2 May. http://www.youthandpolicy.org/articles/winning-a-statutory-youth-service/.
- Ord, Jon. 2016. Youth Work Process, Product and Practice: Creating an Authentic Curriculum in Work with Young People. Abingdon: Routledge, pp. 133–144.Google Scholar
- Partnership for Young London. 2017. ‘A 3-Year Strategy for Young People’. 17 July. http://www.partnershipforyounglondon.org.uk/uncategorized/3-year-strategy-for-young-people/.
- Taylor, Tony. 2013. ‘A Brief History of Our Campaign Thus Far!’ IDYW. 21 January. https://indefenceofyouthwork.com/2013/01/21/a-brief-history-of-our-campaign-thus-far/.
- Unite. 2013. The Future of Youth Work. Unite. https://b.3cdn.net/unitevol/f9b7f490fdc5efe8c4_2rm6b3l63.pdf.
- Wiley, Tom. 2012. ‘An Institute for Youth Work?’ Youth and Policy. No. 108. March, pp. 88–91.Google Scholar