Plugging ‘Youth Services’ Gaps
In a period of on-going and substantial cuts to and closures of local Youth Service facilities, government initiatives to provide alternative low-cost and time-limited programmes for young people—in particular: the completion of New Labour’s MyPlace programme and the development and funding of the OnSide youth zones; a Youth Innovation Fund; Delivering Differently for Young People; a Youth Engagement Fund; a Youth Innovation Fund. Within these policies and initiatives the priority given to funding NCS.
- Amion Consulting. 2015. Defining the Impact of OnSide Youth Zones: Final Report. May. http://www.socialvalueuk.org/app/uploads/2016/03/OnSide-Defining-the-Impact-of-a-Youth-Zone-Final-with-exec-summary-M….pdf.
- Cabinet Office. 2014. Delivering Differently for Young People. July. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/delivering-differently-for-young-people-programme-prospectus.
- Cabinet Office. 2015. Delivering Differently for Young People. September. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/delivering-differently-for-young-people-programme-prospectus-and-form.
- Davies, Bernard. 2013. ‘Youth Work in a Changing Policy Landscape: The View From England’. Youth and Policy. No. 110. May, pp. 6–33.Google Scholar
- de St. Croix, Tania. 2018. ‘Youth Work Beyond the Measurement Imperative? Reflections on the Youth Investment Fund Learning Project from a Critical Friend’. Centre for Youth Impact. 7 March. https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/dcms-awards-40m-to-86-youth-organisations.html.
- Ronicle, James, et al. 2014. Social Investment Bonds: The State of Play. Escorts. November.Google Scholar
- Spence, Jean and Smith, Mark K. 2011. Myplace Evaluation—Final Report. Department for Education. April.Google Scholar