WebGIS Systems and Architectures
With the recent advances in broadband and wireless communication technologies as well as the dramatic increase in Internet technology, it is promising to extend further the reach and range of GIS user working in offices and laboratories in the field or at home which would lead to the development of Internet GIS or Web-enabled GIS.
- Alesheikh, A. A., & Helali, H. (2001). Distributing national geospatial information. In Proceedings of Digital Earth 2001, Fredericton, NB, Canada.Google Scholar
- Byong-Lyol, L., Young-Chan, K., & Jin, I. Y. (1998). Web interface for GIS in agriculture. By the Asian Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture.Google Scholar
- Doyle, A. (1999). Web map server interface specification. OpenGIS Project Document 99-077r1. http://www.opengis.org.
- Gillavry, E. M. (2000). Cartographic aspects of WebGIS-software (Submitted thesis for degree of Ph.D.). Department of Cartography Utrecht University.Google Scholar
- Hassan, A. E. & Holt, R. C. (2000). A reference architecture for Web servers. In Proceedings Seventh Working Conference on Reverse Engineering (pp. 150–159). Brisbane, QLD. https://doi.org/10.1109/wcre.2000.891462.
- Helali, H. (2001). Design and implementation of a WebGIS for the City of Tehran (M.Sc. thesis). Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.Google Scholar
- Kafatos, E., et al. (1999). Earth observing data systems in the internet era. Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, 65(5), 540–548.Google Scholar
- Nayak, S. (2000). GIS data dissemination: A new approach through WEB technology. Rolta India Ltd. http://gisdevelopment.net/application/internetgis/web.htm.
- Peng, Z. R., & Tsou, M. H. (2003). Internet GIS: Distributed geographic information services for the internet and wireless networks. ISBN: 0-471-35923-8m. March 2003.Google Scholar
- Strand, E. J. (1998). What’s the right way to web map data. Synergetics Inc. http://www.geoplace.com/gw/1998/1298/1298nab.asp.
- Yuan, S. (2000). Development of a distributed geoprocessing service model (M.Sc. thesis). Department Geomatics Engineering, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.Google Scholar
- Zhang, L., & Lin, H. (1998). A model of GIS virtual machine. Geographic Information Sciences, 4(1–2), 23–28.Google Scholar