Image Denoising Method Based on Weighted Total Variational Model with Edge Operator
In order to eliminate image noise effectively, the weighted total variation algorithm based on edge detection is proposed. By calculating the amplitude of the edge operator of the image, accurate estimates of edge weights are achieved, and then the weight of the canny operator is used to weigh the Lagrangian multiplier, which is no longer a global variable, so that the filter has a better edge protection feature. Theoretical analysis and experimental results show that the method can remove noise while preserving the edge details of the image more completely. The step effects of the total variation model is effectively suppressed, and has a better performance in terms of structural similarity and the visual effect of image.
KeywordsImage denoising Weighted total variation model Canny Structural similarity
This work was supported by the Shaanxi Natural Science Foundation (2016JM8034) and Scientific research plan projects of Henan Education Department (12JK0791).
- 6.Zhang, S., Li, X., Zhang, C.: Modified adaptive median filtering. In: 2018 International Conference on Intelligent Transportation. Big Data & Smart City (ICITBS), Xiamen (2018). https://doi.org/10.1109/icitbs.2018.00074
- 9.Hu, Y., Zhong, C.X., Cao, M.Y., Zhao, G.S.: A Fast High order Total variational Image denoising method based on augmented Lagrangian multiplier. Syst. Eng. Electron. Technol. 39 (12): 2831–2839 (2017). https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1001-506x.2017.12.29
- 10.Said, B.A., Foufou, S.: Modified total variation regularization using fuzzy complement for image denoising. In: 2015 International Conference on Image and Vision Computing New Zealand (IVCNZ), Auckland, pp. 1–6 (2015) https://doi.org/10.1109/ivcnz.2015.7761561
- 13.Mallick, A., Chaudhuri, S.S., Roy, S.: Optimization of Laplace of Gaussian (LoG) filter for enhanced edge detection: new approach. In: Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Control. Instrumentation, Energy and Communication (CIEC), pp. 658–661 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1109/ciec.2014.6959172
- 14.Amara, B.A., Pissaloux, E., Atri, M.: Sobel edge detection system design and integration on an FPGA based HD video streaming architecture. In: 2016 11th International Design & Test Symposium (IDT), Hammamet, pp. 160–164 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/idt.2016.7843033
- 16.Ao, J.S., Zong, K., Ma, C.B.: Underwater image enhancement algorithm based on weighted guided filtering. J. Guilin Univ. Electron. Sci. Technol. 36(02), pp. 113–117 (2016). https://doi.org/10.16725/j.cnki.cn45-1351/tn.2016.02.006