Fractional-Order in RC, RL and RLC Circuits
In mathematics, differential equations with fractional-order derivatives have a long history, for example, the “one in third” derivative, but haven’t gotten tremendous use in applied science and engineering. While applications do exist in several modeling specific phenomena, such as semi-infinite lossy transmission, which are difficult to model, and there exist some extensions of control in fractional-order PID, everyday use of fractional order modeling is more and more common. In this paper, the basic principles of the conventional RC and RL circuits in fractional-order way and a fractional differential equation are studied in the electrical RLC circuit. We consider the order of the derivative (0 < γ ≤ 1). In order to keep the dimensionality of the physical quantities R, L and C, an auxiliary parameter σ is introduced.
KeywordsFractional calculus Caputo derivative Fractional-Order circuit Simulation of Fractional-Order response
Yang Chen acknowledges fruitful discussion with Prof. Zhao and Hao-yu Li and has been supported by Graduate Innovation Fundation (Key No. 114-602080146).
- 6.Agrawal, O.P., Tenreiro-Machado, J.A., Sabatier, I.: Fractional Derivatives and Their Applications: Non-linear Dynamics. Springer, Berlin (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Gómez-Aguilar, F., Rosales-García, J., Guía-Calderón, M., Bernal-Alvarado, J.: UNAM XIII, vol. 3 (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Gómez, F., Bernal, J., Rosales, J., Córdova, T.: J. Electr. Bioimpedance 3, 2 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Magin, R.L.: Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering. Begell House Publisher, Roddin (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Westerlund, S.: Causality. University of Kalmar, Rep. No. 940426 (1994)Google Scholar
- 18.Golmankhaneh Alireza, K., Yengejeh Ali, M., Baleanu, D.: Int. J. Theor. Phys. 51, 9 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Alireza, K.G., Lambert, L.: Investigations in dynamics: with focus on fractional dynamics. Academic Publishing, Germany (2012)Google Scholar
- 20.Sami, I.M., Saddallah, M., Baleanu, D., Rabei, E.: Rom. J. Phys. 55, 7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 21.Baleanu, D., Muslih Sami, I., Rabei Eqab, M.: Nonlinear Dynam. 53, 1 (2008)Google Scholar