Design and Control of Robot Car for Target Tracking and Recognition Based on Arduino
This paper focuses on the study of robot car with multi-sensors, using Arduino UNO R3 development board to achieve doing information acquire, and marching strategy apply under various environmental conditions. The robot car can track and complete the obstacle avoidance. To successfully use the inexpensive microcontrollers, machine vision functions are achieved, and the application space of low-end MCUs is expanded. Image data been uploaded to the workstation real time using Wi-Fi communication module to processing. Image processing techniques are used to generate command signals from the real-time video stream, then guide the robot to act in a specified direction. The interaction with the robot car can be achieved by using round objects or specific colors (red, yellow, green). The difficulty of controlling the robot car has been reduced by this system. Experiments show that the automatic obstacle avoidance and target tracking system of the robot car designed in this paper can correctly realize the requirements of the subject.
KeywordsOpenCV Arduino Color recognition Hough circle transform Robot car
Research supported by the Foundation of the Shaanxi Provincial Department of Education (project number: 16JK1703).
- 1.Liu, C.H., Dong, Z.: Design of reversing radar system based on Arduino. Mod. Electron. Tech. 17(37), 150–153 (2014). https://doi.org/10.16652/j.issn.1004-373x.2014.17.010CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Wang, Z.R., Pang, J.T.: Design and realization of control system for data acquisition intelligent car based on Arduino control board. Comput. Technol. Autom. 36(1), 66–73 (2017). https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1003-6199.2017.01.014CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Zhu, S.C.: Design of autonomous tracking for intelligent robot car preventing rear-end collision. Guizhou Sci. 32(2), 31–34 (2014). 1003-6563(2014)02-0031-34Google Scholar
- 4.Harish, K.K., Vipul, H.: Gesture controlled robot using image processing. IJARAI 2(5), 69–77 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Lakshay, G., Tanmay, M.: Arduino based shape, color and laser follower using computer vision. IJSRET 2(9), 542–545 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, F., Yang, J.J.: Design of serial communication based on visual basic and Arduino’s intelligent car control system. Sci. Technol. Innov. 1(1), 73+75 (2016). https://doi.org/10.15913/j.cnki.kjycx.2016.01.073
- 8.Xu, Y.W., Zhang, J.J.: Design of wireless environment detection car based on Arduino. Jisuanji Yu Xiandaihua 6, 126–199 (2015). https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1006-2475.2015.06.026