SAR Image Enhancement Method Based on Tetrolet Transform and Rough Sets
SAR image enhancement is one of the key issues on SAR image processing. In this paper, a new SAR image enhancement method is presented. Firstly, SAR image is abstracted into a knowledge system by rough sets, and obtained the approximate subsets of the edge and texture respectively. And then the introduction of tetrolet transformation, edge subset and texture subset is so represented sparsely that the signal energy is more concentrated. In Tetrolet transform domain, edge subset is refined by margin adjustment and texture subset is enhanced by threshold method. Finally, the edge and the texture subset processed are inversed by tetrolet transform, and weighted them to obtain the enhanced results. Experimental results show the proposed method that has better performance to retain detail information and suppress Speckle noise, superior to the traditional wavelet transform and contourlet transform method.
KeywordsRough sets Tetrolet transform Synthetic aperture radar Image enhancement
This work was supported by Scientific Research Plan Projects of Shannxi Education Department (Grant No. 16JK1690).
- 5.Jin, G., Zhang, J., Huang, G.: Enhancement of airborne SAR images without antenna pattern. Acta Geodaetica Cartogr. Sin. 42(4), 554–558+567 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Sha, Y., Liu, F., Jiao, L.: SAR image enhancement based on nonsubsampled contourlet transform. J. Electron. Inf. Technol. 31(07), 1716–1721 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen Jiayu, X., Xin, S.H., Bao, G.: SAR image point target detection based on multiresolution statistic level. Syst. Eng. Electron. 27(02), 205–209 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Sudan, L., Guangxia, L., Cui, Z., Zhengzhi, W.: Multiscale edge detection of SAR images. Syst. Eng. Electron. 26(03), 307–320 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Chengling, M., Shouhong, W., Lihua, Y., Yu, X.: A SAR image edge detection algorithm based on double tree complex wavelet transform. J. Univ. Chin. Acad. Sci. 31(02), 238–242+248 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Romberg, J.K.: Multiscale Geometric Image Processing. Ph. D. thesis. Rice University (2003). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.509903
- 13.Haiyan, J., Licheng, J., Fang, L.: SAR Image denoising based on curvelet domain hidden markov tree model. Chin. J. Comput. 30(3), 491–497 (2007)Google Scholar