Customer Churn Warning with Machine Learning
Customer churn refers to the phenomenon of suspension of cooperation between customers and enterprises due to the implementation of various marketing methods. The customer churn warning refers to revealing the customer churn pattern hidden behind the data by analyzing the payment behavior, business behavior and basic attributes of the customer within a certain period of time, predicting the probability of the customer’s loss in the future and the possible reasons, and then guide the company to carry out customer retention work. After the forecast, the system can list the possible lost customers. And then the marketers can conduct precise marketing and improve marketing success rate. In this paper, we present a algorithm named Customer Churn Warning (CCW) to alert customers to churn.
KeywordsCCW Machine learning Customer churn warning Customer retention Intelligent computing
The customer churn early warning model received the best creative solutions in the Bank of China (“Technology Leading” Innovation Forum) and has been included in key implementation projects. Thanks to the teammates who contributed to the competition, as well as the leading colleagues who planned to organize the competition, and the leaders who valued the project.
- 1.Zhong, J.: Research on customer churn prediction model for telecom enterprises. Xi’an University of Science and Technology (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, X.: Research and implementation of mobile communication user loss early warning model based on decision tree. Ocean University of China (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Du, X., Wang, Z.: Decision tree based security customer churn model. Comput. Appl. Softw. (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Liang, L., Weng, F., Ding, Y.: Application research of neural network in customer churn model. Commer. Res. 2, 55–57 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Shao, S.: Analysis and prediction of insurance company’s customer loss based on BP neural network. Lanzhou University (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Lin, R., Chi, X.: Analysis model of bank customer churn based on artificial neural network. Comput. Knowl. Technol. 08(3), 665–667 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Tian, L., Qiu, H., Zheng, L.: Modeling and implementation of telecom customer churn prediction based on neural network. J. Comput. Appl. 27(9), 2294–2297 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Luo, B., Shao, P., Luo, J., et al.: Research on customer churn based on rough set theory-neural network-bee colony algorithm integration. Chin. J. Manag. 8(2), 265 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, G., Guo, Y.: Application research of support vector machine in telecom customer churn prediction. Comput. Simul. 28(4), 115–118 (2011)Google Scholar