A Design of Smart Library Energy Consumption Monitoring and Management System Based on IoT
Aiming at the energy consumption management of the library, a scheme of library monitoring system based on IoT is proposed. The library monitoring system is designed with embedded technology and LoRa technology, including the perception layer, network layer and application layer. The system consists of the underlying LoRa nodes, sink nodes, servers and monitoring terminals to achieve the library’s internal power monitoring and management. In this paper, the system network topology, LoRa node hardware and software design, communication protocol design are introduced detailedly. Experiment tests indicate that the scheme has the long communication distance, low power consumption, easy networking and effective performance. The design provides a great solution for smart library energy consumption management and energy saving.
KeywordsSmart library Internet of things technology Energy consumption monitoring LoRa
This work is supported by the Shaanixi Education Committee Project (14JK1669), Shaanxi Technology Committee Project (2018SJRG-G-03).
- 1.Wang, S.: On three main features of the smart library. J. Libr. Sci. China 6, 22–28 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Huang, J., Xu, X., Li, J.: Application of intelligent lighting technology for energy-saving design in library buildings. Build. Energy Effic. 5, 110–113 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Min, H., Cheng, Z., Huang, L.: A design of wireless meter reading system based on RF. Comput. Meas. Control 2, 639–642 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Aref, M., Sikora, A.: Free space range measurements with semtech loratm technology. In: 2nd International Symposium on Technology and Applications, DAACS—SWS, pp. 19–23, Fenburg (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, P., Wang, W.: Design of energy consumption data collector based on 3G. Comput. Meas. Control 12, 4202–4206 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Lora family | wireless & RF ICs for ISM band applications | semtech. http://www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/lora.html. Accessed 21 Nov 2016
- 11.Hu, C., Zhao, Q.C., Feng, H.-R.: Research and implementation of a kind of intelligent data-collection system in the internet of things. Electron. Meas. Technol. 37(6), 108–114 (2014)Google Scholar