Algorithm for Optimization of Multi-spindle Drilling Machine Based on Evolution Method
The multi-spindle drills are often used within the mass furniture production. In this case the main factor is the optimization of equipment configuration as well as the working schedule of the drill, what leads to saving time, energy and to significantly lower the manufacturing costs. The optimization problem is hard and complicated. For the equipment and working schedule optimization the specific algorithm has been suggested, incorporating a set of heuristic methods. Among those, for setting the best head equipment of the machine head, the evolution algorithm was used. The initial analysis of the algorithm duty allows to suppose, that the evolution methods may be successfully incorporated for such kind of problems.
KeywordsMulti-spindle drill Evolution algorithms Evolution computing
- 1.Hoser, P., Podziewski, P., Kurek, J., Kruk, M.: Equipment optimization problem for multi-spindle computer controlled drilling machine. In: Computing in Science and Technology, pp. 91–108. Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, Rzeszów (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Eiben, A.E., Smith, J.E.: Introduction to Evolutionary Computing, 2nd edn. Springer, 2003, 2015Google Scholar
- 7.Karp, R.M.: Reducibility among combinatorial problems. In: Miller, R.E., Thatcher, J.W. (eds.) Complexity of Computer Computations, pp. 85–103. Plenum, New York (1972)Google Scholar
- 9.Graham, L.R., Knuth, D.E., Patashnik, O.: Concrete Mathematics. A Foundation for Computer Science, 2nd edn. (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Cormen, T.H., Leiserson, C.E., Rivest, R.L., Stein, C.: Introduction to Algorithms, 3rd edn. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2009)Google Scholar