On Code Refactoring for Decision Making Component Combined with the Open-Source Medical Information System
The work is devoted to the facility of decision making for the open-source medical information systems. Our approach is based on the code refactoring of the dialog subsystem of platform of the clinical decision support system. The structure of the information model of database of the clinical decision support subsystem should be updated according to the medical information system requirements. The Model - View - Controller (MVC) based approach has to be implemented for dialog subsystem of the clinical decision support system.
As an example we consider OpenMRS developer tools and corresponding software APIs. For this purpose we have developed a specialized module. When updating database structure, we have used Liquibase framework. For the implementation of MVC approach Spring and Hybernate frameworks were applied. The data exchanging formats and methods for the interaction of the OpenMRS dialog subsystem module and the Google App Engine (GAE) Decision Tree service are implemented with the help of AJAX technology through the jQuery library.
Experimental research use the data of pregnant and it is aimed to the decision making about the gestational age of the birth. Prediction errors and attribute usage were analyzed.
KeywordsMedical information systems Electronic medical records Decision support systems Decision tree Open-source software MIS EMR OpenMRS CDSS Java Spring Hibernate Google App Engine
- 1.Aminpour, F., Sadoughi, F., Ahamdi, M.: Utilization of open source electronic health record around the world: a systematic review. J. Res. Med. Sci. 19(1), 57 (2014). the official journal of Isfahan University of Medical SciencesGoogle Scholar
- 2.Avramenko, V.I., Kachmar, V.O.: Creation of new ways for development of information technologies in medicine for Ukrainian health care grounded at worldwide approaches. Ukrainian Journal of Telemedicine and Medical Telematics, vol. 9(2), 124–133 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Effectiveness of computer screening system for diagnosing and prediction of preterm delivery. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/effektivnost-primeneniya-kompyuternoy-skriningovoy-sistemy-dlya-diagnostiki-i-prognozirovaniya-prezhdevremennyh-rodov. Accessed 12 Nov 2017
- 11.List of open-source health software. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open- source_health_software#Electronic_health_or_medical_record. Accessed 12 Nov 2017
- 12.Martirosyan, H., et al.: A decision-support system for expecting mothers and obstetricians. In: 6th European Conference of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering, pp. 703–706. Springer (2015)Google Scholar
- 13.Martsenyuk, V., Semenets, A.: System elektronicznych zapisów medycznych dla wspomagania decyzji z wykorzystaniem Google Application Engine (GAE). Studia Ekonomiczne 308, 157–172 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.Martsnyuk, V.P., Semenets, A.V.: Medical informatics. Developer and expert systems. Ukrmedknyha, Ternopil (2004)Google Scholar
- 17.Mohammed-Rajput, N.A., et al.: OpenMRS, a global medical records system collaborative: factors influencing successful implementation. In: AMIA Annual Symposium Proceedings, vol. 2011. American Medical Informatics Association, p. 960 (2011)Google Scholar
- 20.Reynolds, C.J., Wyatt, J.C.: Open source, open standards, and health care information systems. J. Med. Internet Res. 13(1) (2011)Google Scholar
- 21.Roshanov, P.S., et al.: Features of effective computerised clinical decision support systems: meta-regression of 162 randomised trials. Bmj 346, f657 (2013)Google Scholar
- 23.Semenets, A.V.: On organizational and methodological approaches of the EMR-systems implementation in public health of Ukraine. Med. Inf. Eng. 3, 35–42 (2013)Google Scholar