Brexit: Using Gender and Queer Lenses
This introductory chapter explores why Brexit matters for women and queer individuals. It offers background and context, including the nature of the referendum debate on social and traditional media, whose voices were heard, role of activists, voting breakdown, etc. This chapter further offers a roadmap of the subsequent contributions.
- Achilleos-Sarll, Columba. 2017. Where are the Women at the Big Boys’ Table? UCL Brexit Blog, June 26. https://ucl-brexit.blog/2017/06/26/where-are-the-women-at-the-big-boys-table/.
- Alexander, Kern, Catherine Barnard, Eilís Ferran, Andrew Lang, and Niamh Moloney. 2018. Brexit and Financial Services: Law and Policy. Oxford: Hart Publishing.Google Scholar
- Armour, John, and Horst Eidenmüller (eds.). 2017. Negotiating Brexit. C. H. Beck, Hart and Nomos: München, Oxford and Baden-Baden. Google Scholar
- Cain, Ruth. 2016. Post-truth and the ‘Metropolitan Elite’ Feminist: Lessons from Brexit. Feminists@Law Journal 6 (1): 1–8.Google Scholar
- Clegg, Peter (ed.). 2017. Brexit and the Commonwealth: What Next? Abingdon, Oxon and New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Danisi, Carmelo, Moira Dustin, and Nuno Ferreira. 2017. Queering Brexit. The UK in a Changing Europe, October 26. http://ukandeu.ac.uk/queering-brexit/.
- Fabbrini, Federico (ed.). 2017. The Law & Politics of Brexit. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Guerrina, Roberta. 2016. Gender and Brexit: Moving Beyond the EU’s Focus on Women’s Employment Rights. LSE’s Brexit Blog, May 23. http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/05/23/gender-and-brexit-moving-beyond-the-eus-focus-on-womens-employment-rights/.
- Guerrina, Roberta, Toni Haastrup, and Katharine Wright. 2016. Stop Relegating Women’s Views on Brexit to the Gender Silo. LSE’s Brexit Blog, May 25. http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2016/05/25/stop-relegating-womens-views-on-brexit-to-the-gender-silo/.
- Heppell, Timothy, Andrew Crines, and David Jeffery. 2017. The United Kingdom Referendum on European Union Membership: The Voting of Conservative Parliamentarians. JCMS: Journal of Common Market Studies 55 (4): 762–777.Google Scholar
- Morgan, Jamie, and Heikki Patomaki (eds.). 2017. Brexit and the Political Economy of Fragmentation: Things Fall Apart. Abingdon, Oxon and New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- O’Brien, Charlotte. 2016. The EU Talks the Talk on Gender Equality—But in a Male Voice. The Conversation, March 8. https://theconversation.com/the-eu-talks-the-talk-on-gender-equality-but-in-a-male-voice-55966.
- Shutes, Isabelle. 2017. When Unpaid Childcare Isn’t ‘Work’: EU Residency Rights Have Gendered Consequences. LSE’s Brexit Blog, July 20. http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/07/20/when-unpaid-childcare-isnt-work-eu-residency-rights-have-gendered-consequences/.