Russian Manned Circumlunar Flight
The Soviet Union (Russia) conducted six different unmanned lunar exploration programs between 1958 and 1973. Each of those programs had successful missions along with several failures. Those unmanned explorations of the moon have been described in the previous two chapters of this book.
- Hardesty, Von and Eisman, Gene, Epic Rivalry – The Inside Story of the Soviet and American Space Race, National Geographic, Washington, DC, 2007Google Scholar
- Harvey, Brian, Soviet and Russian Lunar Exploration, Praxis Publishing, Chichester, UKGoogle Scholar
- Johnson, Nicholas, L., The Soviet Reach for the Moon, Cosmos Books, River Vale, NJ, 1995Google Scholar
- Siddiqi, Asif, A., A Secrete Uncovered, Spaceflight, Vol 46 May 2004Google Scholar
- Siddiqi, Asif, A., Challenge to Apollo: The Soviet Union and the Space Race, NASA History Series, NASA SP-2000-4408, published by aIc BooksGoogle Scholar
- Zak, Anatoly, 7K-L1: Soyuz for Circumlunar Mission, russianspaceweb.com