An Evaluation Method for Intellectual Concentration Based on Concentration Depth
There have been lots of studies on the relationship between office room environment and workers’ intellectual productivity such as room ventilation, temperature, humidity and sound noise, however, there are no established method of measuring the intellectual productivity. The authors have been developed CTR (Concentration Time Ratio) which expresses the time ratio of their concentration on the target intellectual work. In this study, a new index CDI (Concentration Depth Index) was developed to realize an analysis from a new viewpoint of concentration depth which is thought to have a relationship with the quality of concentration.
KeywordsIntellectual concentration Evaluation experiment Working state model
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP17H01777.
- 1.Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism: Research Report by Study Group of Intellectual Productivity (2009). (In Japanese)Google Scholar
- 2.Sugiura, T., Hashimoto, T., Terano, M., Nakamura, M., Kawase, T., Kondo, Y.: Evaluation method of work place productivity, the first report – organizing productivity evaluation methods and suggestion of the standard methods. Academic lecture papers of The Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan 123, pp. 11–22 (2007). (In Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Nishikawa, M., Nishihara, N., Tanabe, S.: The effect of moderately hot environment on performance and fatigue evaluated by subjective experiment of long time exposure. Arch. Inst. Jpn. J. Environ. Eng. 74(638), 525–530 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Wargocki, P., Wyon, D.P., Fanger, P.O.: Productivity is affected by the air quality in offices. Healthy Build. 2000, 635–640 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Uchiyama, K., Ooishi, K., Miyagi, K., Ishii, H., Shimoda, H.: Process of evaluation index of intellectual productivity based on work concentration. In: 5th International Conference on Software Technology and Engineering (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Uchiyama, K., Miyagi, K., Ishii, H., Shimoda, H., Obayashi, F., Iwakawa, M.: Development of calculation method of intellectual concentration for evaluate intellectual productivities. J. Hum. Interface Soc. 16(1), 29–40 (2014). (In Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Ueda, K., Shimonaka, S., Shimoda, H., Ishii, H., Obayashi, F.: Quantitative evaluation of intellectual productivity considering depth of concentration. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), pp. 758–763 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Ueda, K., Shimoda, H., Ishii, H., Obayashi, F., Taniguchi, K.: Development of a new cognitive task to measure intellectual concentration affected by room environment. In: The Fifth International Conference on Human-Environment System ICHES 2016, Nagoya, Paper No. 20144 (2016)Google Scholar