What Is the Relationship Between Governance Capacity and Decentralization?
This chapter presents the findings and models explaining the relationship between decentralization and governance capacity in Turkish local government. The chapter starts with presenting the methodological choices and operationalization of key variables used in the analysis. The chapter tests the hypotheses on the relationship between governance capacities and decentralization, and interprets the findings to address the research questions.
KeywordsRegression analysis Comparative case in Turkish local government
- Boone, H. N., & Boone, D. A. (2012). Analyzing Likert Data. Journal of Extension, 50(2). https://www.joe.org/joe/2012april/tt2.php.
- Creswell, W. J. (2003). Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, Mixed Methods Approaches. London: Sage.Google Scholar
- Goldfrank, B. (2007). The Politics of Deepening Local Democracy: Decentralization, Party Institutionalization, and Participation. Comparative Politics, 39(2), 147–168.Google Scholar
- Groves, R. M., Fowler, F. J., Couper, M. P., Lepkowski, J. M., Singer, E., & Tourangeau, R. (2004). Survey Methodology. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Uebersax, J. S. (2006). Likert Scales: Dispelling the Confusion. Statistical Methods for Rater Agreement Website. Available at: http://john-uebersax.com/stat/likert.htm. Accessed July 18, 2018.