Privacy-Preserving Outsourcing of Large-Scale Nonlinear Programming to the Cloud
The increasing massive data generated by various sources has given birth to big data analytics. Solving large-scale nonlinear programming problems (NLPs) is one important big data analytics task that has applications in many domains such as transport and logistics. However, NLPs are usually too computationally expensive for resource-constrained users. Fortunately, cloud computing provides an alternative and economical service for resource-constrained users to outsource their computation tasks to the cloud. However, one major concern with outsourcing NLPs is the leakage of user’s private information contained in NLP formulations and results. Although much work has been done on privacy-preserving outsourcing of computation tasks, little attention has been paid to NLPs. In this paper, we for the first time investigate secure outsourcing of general large-scale NLPs with nonlinear constraints. A secure and efficient transformation scheme at the user side is proposed to protect user’s private information; at the cloud side, generalized reduced gradient method is applied to effectively solve the transformed large-scale NLPs. The proposed protocol is implemented on a cloud computing testbed. Experimental evaluations demonstrate that significant time can be saved for users and the proposed mechanism has the potential for practical use.
- 9.Du, W., Li, Q.: Secure and efficient outsourcing of large-scale nonlinear programming. In: 2017 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), IEEE (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Gentry, C.: Fully homomorphic encryption using ideal latticesGoogle Scholar
- 11.Kalai, Y., Raz, R., Rothblum, R.: How to delegate computations: the power of no-signaling proofsGoogle Scholar
- 17.Shen, W., Yin, B., Cui, X., Cheng, Y.: A distributed secure outsourcing scheme for solving linear algebraic equations in ad hoc clouds. IEEE Trans. Cloud Comput. (2017)Google Scholar
- 18.Sutskever, I., Martens, J., Dahl, G., Hinton, G.: On the importance of initialization and momentum in deep learning. In: International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 1139–1147 (2013)Google Scholar
- 19.Wang, C., Ke, R., Wang, J.: Secure and practical outsourcing of linear programming in cloud computingGoogle Scholar