Review on the Mechanical Behavior of Soil-Structure Interface
- 613 Downloads
At the soil-structure interface, there are some frontier problems, such as non-linearity, large deformation and local discontinuity, which is one of the core topics in the study of soil and structure interaction. This paper introduced the progress and present situation of the mechanical behavior of soil-structure interface in laboratory test, constitutive model and numerical simulation, analyses the problems that have not been studied in depth and pointed out that the determination of thickness of the contact surface, the sensitivity analysis of the mechanical parameters of the contact surface and the dynamic contact questions would be the main research trend in the future.
KeywordsSoil-structure interface Mechanical behavior Shear test
This work was supported by National Key Research and Development Program (Grant No. 2017YFC1500702).
- 1.Zhang, J.M., et al.: An automated large-scale apparatus for 3-D cyclic testing of soil-structure interfaces. Geotech. Test. J. 41(3), 459–472 (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.Clough, G.W., Duncan, J.M.: Finite element analyses of retaining wall behavior. J. Soil. Mech. Found. Div. ASCE 97(12), 1657–1673 (1971)Google Scholar
- 3.Brandt, J.R.T.: Behavior of Soil-concrete Interface. University of Alberta, Edmonton (1985)Google Scholar
- 4.Yin, Z.Z., et al.: Deformation and mathematical simulation of contact surfaces between soil and structural materials. Chin. J. Geotech. Eng. 16(3), 14–22 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Desai, C.S., et al.: Cyclic testing and modeling interfaces. J. Geotech. Eng. Div. ASCE 111(6), 793–815 (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, G.: Study on static and dynamic characteristics and elastoplastic damage theory of interface between coarse-grained soil and structure. Tsinghua University, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, W.: Study on soil-structure interface model based on potential energy dissipating principle and its application. Hohai University, Nanjing (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Saberi, M., et al.: Constitutive modeling of gravelly soil-structure interface considering particle breakage. J. Eng. Mech. 143(8), 04017044 3 (2017)Google Scholar