Governance—In the sense of “set of principles, ways of procedures for the management and control of companies, institutions, or complex phenomena generating significant social consequences”. So we will find not only e-Governance in e-Government, e-Learning, e-Health but even Internet Governance. Sometimes this “interface” between citizens’ wills and expectations and everyday life generates a bad feeling and sentiment about bureaucracy and government. Here comes the need to clarify what we mean with the term governance and government.
Governance: the story. Governance and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). From Governance to e-Governance; core components of e-governance; main models of e-governance. Network neutrality.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hix S (1996) http://aei.pitt.edu/8992/1/hix.pdf
- 4.Jachtenfuchs M (1995) Theoretical perspectives on European governance. Wiley Online Library. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-0386.1995.tb00010.x CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Rhodes C, Mazey S (1995) The state of the European union, vol 3: building a European polity? Lynne Rienner, Boulder, COGoogle Scholar
- 8.Bruno E (2015) Co-deciding with citizens: towards digital democracy at EU level. ECAS. http://www.ecas.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/ECAS-Publication-online-version.pdf. Last accessed February 2019
- 9.European Governance: A white paper (2001) European CommissionGoogle Scholar
- 10.European e-Government Action Plan 2011–2015. https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/european-e-Government-action-plan-2011-2015. Last accessed February 2019
- 11.Hix S (1998) The study of the European Union II: the ‘New Governance’ agenda and its rival. Taylor & FrancisGoogle Scholar
- 12.Ministerial Declaration on e-Government, Malmö, Sweden, on 18 November 2009 https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/sites/digital-agenda/files/ministerial-declaration-on-e-Government-malmo.pdf. Last accessed February 2019
- 13.Singel R (2017) FCC wants to kill net neutrality. Congress will pay the price. Wired on line magazine. https://www.wired.com/story/fcc-wants-to-kill-net-neutrality-congress-will-pay-the-price/. Last accessed February 2019
- 14.Wu T (2003) Network neutrality, broadband discrimination. J Telecommun High Technol Law 2:141. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4388863. Last accessed February 2019
- 15.Ziman J (2000) Technological innovation as an evolutionary process. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. ISBN 0-521-62361-8Google Scholar