A Mixed Reality Workspace Using Telepresence System
Even after years of advancement from telephone technology to video conferencing, it eventually does not provide the environment of real human interaction. It has been a challenge ever since. The system we propose here would provide an environment in the user’s reality, where the user can interact with the person on the other side of the conversation with the help of a wearable mixed reality headset. The user will get a feeling of coexistence with objects and people who are far away. This advancement in technology will lead to a world, where people can connect with others who are only virtually present. This paper will present the technical system for teleporting virtual objects and virtual participants in the real-world environment. It will present a system where 3D audio and real-time communication will help build a more realistic environment with the presence of virtual participants and objects in 3D space.
KeywordsTelepresence Mixed reality Light-Field technology Binaural recording
The paper, its research, and its content is ethically ours and any of the other content used has been correctly referenced to its source. This is to clarify the ethical compliance of our paper to be published in Springer.
- 1.Ng R (2006) Digital light field photographyGoogle Scholar
- 3.Xiong Y (2014) Automatic 3D human modeling: an initial stage towards 2-way inside interaction in mixed realityGoogle Scholar
- 4.Speakman S (2013) Dynamic pattern detection with temporal consistency and connectivity constraintsGoogle Scholar
- 5.Orts-Escolano S et al (2016) Holoportation: virtual 3D teleportation in real-timeGoogle Scholar
- 6.Mangold K, Shaw JA, Vollmer M (2013) The physics of near-infrared photography. Eur J Phys 34. IOP Publishing LtdGoogle Scholar