An Improved Constrained Least Squares Localization Algorithm in NLOS Propagating Environment
The non-line-of-sight (NLOS) error is a major error source in wireless localization. Therefore, an improved constrained least-squares (CLS) algorithm is put forward to tackle this issue, where the positioning problem is formulated as a mathematical programming problem. And then, the cost function of the optimization is studied and a new one is proposed. Finally, through the presented optimization, we try to minimize the positioning influence of NLOS errors. Moreover, the studied method does not depend on a particular distribution of the NLOS error. Simulation results show that the positioning accuracy is significantly improved over traditional CLS algorithms, even under highly NLOS conditions.
KeywordsWireless localization Non-line-of-sight error Constrained least squares Time of arrival
This paper was sponsored by the National NSF of China No.61471322.
- 1.Yan, Y.: Efficient convex optimization method for underwater passive source localization based on RSS with WSN. In: Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computing, pp. 171–174 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Gong, X., Zhang, Q., Guo, L.: Optical-wireless hybrid virtual network embedding based on location recommendations. In: International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Ke, W., Wu, L.: Constrained least squares algorithm for TOA-based mobile location under NLOS environments. In: International Conference on Wireless Communications, NETWORKING and Mobile Computing, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, J., Dong, F., Feng, G., et al.: Analysis of the NLOS channel environment of TDOA multiple algorithms. In: Sensors, pp. 1–4. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Zheng, X., Hua, J., Zheng, Z., Zhou, S., Jiang, B.: LLOP localization algorithm with optimal scaling in NLOS wireless propagations. In: Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE 4th International Conference on Electronics Information and Emergency Communication, Beijing, pp. 45–48 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, X., Cao, F.: Location based TOA algorithm for UWB wireless body area networks. In: IEEE, International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, pp. 507–511. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, X., Wang, Z., O’Dea, B.: A TOA-based location algorithm reducing the errors due to non-line-of-sight (NLOS) propagation. J. China Inst. Commun. 52(1), 112–116 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Zheng, X., Hua, J., Zheng, Z., et al.: LLOP localization algorithm with optimal scaling in NLOS wireless propagations. In: IEEE International Conference on Electronics Information and Emergency Communication, pp. 45–48. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar