The Design of Inter-satellite Link Topology Based on Time-Slot Allocation Technology
Inter-satellite networking is the development trend of satellite navigation system through inter-satellite link technologies. How to schedule inter-satellite link resources is the key to whether the navigation satellite constellation network has the best performance in the time division multiple access system. To achieve this goal, this paper assumes a linking rule based on a multi-layer satellite constellation and constructs a corresponding mathematical model to describe the linking process of inter-satellite links. Based on the assumed linking rule and the proposed mathematical model, a time-division topology design scheme is proposed. The process of data transmission is simulated with the simulation software MATLAB and STK. The results show that the inter-satellite network topology generated under this scheme gets a very considerable promotion on inter-satellite measurement accuracy and transmission characteristics.
KeywordsTDMA Inter-satellite link Time-division topology Simulation
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61371100, No. 61501139, No. 61401118).
- 1.He, J.F., Yong, J., Li, G.X.: Topology control technology based on dynamical inter-orbit ISL linkage in LEO satellite constellation communication system. In: Systems and Control in Aerospace and Astronautics, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, J.Y., Wu, G.Y., Feng, X.Z, Liu, Y.: Analysis of the satellite constellation communication link topology. Chinese J. Sci. Instrum. 35(12), 101–105 (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Shi, L.Y., Zhou, Y.: A preemptive time slot TDMA system suitable for inter-satellite links in satellite navigation systems. J. Wuhan Univ. 37(6), 714–718 (2012). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 4.Chu, X.G., Chen, Y.: Time division inter-satellite link topology generation problem: Modeling and solution. Int. J. Satell. Commun. Netw. 1, 74–88 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, J.Y., Chen, J.Y.: Design and simulation evaluation of time allocation of inter-satellite link based on TDMA. Comput. Meas. Control 22(12), 4087–4090 (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Shen, D.C., Wang, J.F., Liu, L.X.: Analysis of topology dynamics of walker constellation satellite networks. J. Commun. 27(8), 45–51 (2006). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Hu, M., Fan, L., Yang, X.R.: Study on the optimal distribution of IGSO satellite orbits for the optimal performance of MEO satellites. In: China Satellite Navigation Academic Annual Conference (2014). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Yin, Z.Z., Zhang, L., Zhou, X.W.: LEO/HEO/GEO satellite network ISL performance analysis. Comput. Eng. Appl. 46(12), 9–13 (2010). (in Chinese)Google Scholar